Monday, February 9, 2015

3 Day Refresh Recap

I did it!  I took three days out of my busy schedule to concentrate on me!  And you know what?  It was easy!  I didn't need to take 3 days off - I went about my busy schedule like I normally do.  No having to hang around the house close to the bathroom.  NO being held up in my bedroom away from the kitchen because I was starving.  Nope - life went on as usual!

I wanted to lose a little weight and feel great.  I wanted to lose the bloat and eliminate animal products from my system to give it a break.  I wanted to lose the "heavy" feeling I had in my gut and that's just what I did.




This is not a system where you can't eat - in fact you start your morning with lemon water, then your Shakeology.  It's a dense, super food nutritional meal replacement that really keeps you full and satisfied.  I also was able to eat a serving of fruit with it.  The Shakeology has a vegan friendly, plant based protein in it and is really delicious!

Mid morning I was able to have a fiber sweep.  It wasn't bad tasting but was fiber none the less.  No running to the bathroom but it did keep me full and prevented me from having a mid morning sugar crash!  Mix it with COLD water and drink it QUICK - otherwise it gets too thick!

LUNCH!  For lunch I got to start with a veggie serving (the refresh guide tells you how much), another helping of fruit and a healthy fat like hummus, almond butter, avocado.  I switched between hummus with my veggies or almond butter with an apple.  The healthy fat helps to give you energy and keep you full.  I also got to drink a vanilla fresh shake for dessert - yum!  Loaded with another plant based protein!

Afternoon snack:  Another vegetable serving with another healthy fat.  One day it was veggies & hummus,  one day it was almond butter and celery sticks and one day it was a spinach salad with olive oil, sea salt and pepper.  All very good!

Now I'm ready for dinner!  The 3 day refresh gives you 9 different recipes so you don't get bored.  Yes, it was veggies and yes it was delicious!  I also got a vanilla fresh again.

I drank plenty of water throughout the day to help flush out toxins and keep me hydrated and full.

A couple of tricks:  cut back on your coffee intake before you start since you can't drink caffeine on this plan.  Drink plenty of water between all of your meals and snacks to keep you hydrated so you don't get a headache (I did get a slight one on day 2).  Drink Fiber Sweep as fast as you can!

I know I only lost 2.4 lbs but I am happy with that.  I am a pretty clean eater to begin with but could NOT get past all the holiday binging.  I just needed this to get me back on track and I have been able to make healthier choices ever since.  Yes, I do indulge and I'm perfectly ok with that - I wasn't ok with not being able to wrap my head around not indulging multiple times throughout the day though!

I love this program and will probably continue to do it every other month just to keep my body fine tuned.  They are machines and remember everything we plug into it.  I'm just going to look at it like an oil change!





1 comment: