Tuesday, January 12, 2016

It's Hammer & Chisel Time!

IT'S HAMMER & CHISEL TIME AND I LOVE IT!



I am officially 9 days into the program and I couldn't be more happier!  I get the best of all of my worlds - Autumn Calabrese from my previous favorite program, The 21 Day Fix, Sagi Kalev with Body Beast whom I've always wanted to train with (I was kinda scared) and keeping up with my favorite portion controlled color coded containers for proper eating!  

The program is set up that every other day we're following these two Master trainers with Autumn and her cardio chiseling weights and then Sagi and his hammering body sculpting.  I. Love. It.  It pushes me every day to lift heavier and move faster - and I am not bulking up!


I am noticing that with each workout I am getting stronger!  When I first began I did my pull-ups (they're in just about every routine so far) I needed to use all three of my assist bands.  I would HIGHLY recommend getting them if you have a pull up bar.  Within one week I was able to do most of them with 2 bands - that's a huge victory for me!!!

Yes, I'm kinda sore!  But it's such a good feeling for me!  Beachbody's new performance line has helped me a lot with combating that soreness though.  I was skeptical - I thought it was just another product to sell or another "gadget and gizmo" as Tony Horton would call it - but here's how I know.  I started The Master's Hammer and Chisel during the holidays and quit December 28 because we went on a trip.  I had been using the chocolate recovery after my workouts during that week that I had initially started and wasn't that sore.  When we came back from our trip and started up again - FROM THE BEGINNING - with The Master group on Facebook I just didn't use them.  And I was S.O.R.E.  So 4 days into the new week I decided to use them - and I feel great!  My husband is choosing not to use them.  One of us is awfully whiney - guess which one ;).

The Performance line has 4/5 options of things you can use.  I use the Energizer first thing instead of my coffee (It seems like I've put food in my stomach with it's citrus flavor).  It helps me really push through!  You take that before your workout up to 1/2 hour.  There is Hydrate to drink during your workouts but I just drink water.  For men who want to really build bulk there is Creatine - I really stay away from that - no bulky lady here, just toned :).  Then, after the workout there is Recovery - I drink that and that is what helps to rebuild my torn muscles and take away some of my aches.  I love it - it tastes like cold hot chocolate to me.  I've been noticing that the more I drink it, the less pain my muscles are feeling - and I'm increasing my weights!  At night there is a drink called Recharge.  This is where the magic is supposed to happen - this vanilla flavored drink is supposed to help repair the micro tears in your muscles and help you get a good nights sleep.  Sleep is so important when doing a rigorous workout such as this!  That's it!


So far I am very happy with everything!  The meal plan since it's the color coded containers from The 21 Day Fix has been really easy to follow.  It doesn't hurt that smart phones have these amazing apps to help you track your foods!  I love trying all of these different programs and was so excited while at SUMMIT last July that they announced this one - it does NOT DISAPPOINT!  

If you have any questions about this program please let me know - I'll be updating my progress here as well!  In my first week I:  lost 1 lb and 2.5 inches overall.  I'll take it!







No comments:

Post a Comment