Monday, October 6, 2014



Just a little tip...

I know it's Monday right now but I want to tell you that I love Sundays!!!  It's my day of Rest and Relaxation!  I love to take the dogs for a walk, not worry about any housework and HAVE BREAKFAST!  You all know I love my Shakeology during the week for breakfast and on Saturdays.  But come Sunday - that's a different story - it's eggs, muffins, pancakes or as in this past  Sunday, Quiche!  I still try to be authentic in the way I eat and this recipe not only keeps the quiche "clean" but it is delicious!  Served with a side of bacon if you choose and some fruit and you've got yourself one delicious way to start your day!



Instead of using a pie crust for the base of your quiche, try using sliced Sweet, Russet or Red potatoes.  It tastes so good and doesn't leave you with the heavy feeling (or calories) that a pie crust does.  Pictured here is a Mushroom Quiche but the substitution for the crust can be for any quiche.  The sky's your limit!  Just make sure you slice your potatoes thin.  Layer them overlapping on the pie pan and lightly spray or brush the edges with olive oil.  Fill with whatever quiche  ingredients you like and bake!  Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment