Sunday, December 7, 2014

Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cups?
My Life is Complete!




Anyone who knows me knows that I love peanut butter.  And Dark Chocolate.  Separate, together, in cakes, on spoons - however you want to dish it out.  And I found myself digging into the jar while adding chocolate chips on top a little too much.  I was hungry for these and was trying to recreate them.  It was good, really good.  The problem was when you dig into treats that way they don't seem like real treats, like they're invisible or something!  And my spoonfuls got a little bigger and a little more frequent.

Enter the clean eating Reese's!  There are so many different recipes you can find on Pinterest.  My good friend Jaissa forwarded me this one.  It uses all whole, clean ingredients right down to the cacao powder and madagascar vanilla.  It does have a little bit of a coconut taste to it as well because of the coconut oil but I'll take that over preservatives and high fructose corn syrup any day!  Give them a try - I hope they hit the spot!  Just don't eat all of them at one sitting...

Reese's

1/2 cup of Coconut Oil  (melted but not hot)
1/2 cup of Cacao powder (you could use cocoa but there's sugar in some)
1/4 cup of Raw Honey
1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract (I used Madagascar vanilla from William Sonoma)

Mix all ingredients together until well blended.  Spread a spoonful evenly into cupcake liners.  I used mini.  Place in freezer to set for about 5 minutes.  Spread Natural Peanut butter on these once they have set, then cover with the remaining chocolate mixture.  Freeze and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment