Tuesday, December 2, 2014


New year coming,  New Me here!




We have one month left in the year 2014.  What's in store for you in 2015?  I know what is NOT in store for me - going back to bad habits!  It took me a while to figure out that clean eating, regular exercise and optimal nutrition is the way to lose weight, keep it off and look healthy and happy.  I've done them all - fasting, low carb, no carb, vegan, vegetarian, only fruits & salads and at times only meat!!!  I don't know what I was thinking!  But I do know now what has helped me get into the best shape of my life.  It's discipline.  It's eating real food.  It's exercising!  Is my diet perfect?  Nope - not at all.  But for the most part I follow the 90/10 rule.  90% healthy, 10% not so much.  I also don't miss a day of my Shakeology.  It has ALL of my nutritional needs in one delicious shake!  So I don't worry on special days now where in the past - everyday I would fret and ultimately blew my diet, again.  I was out of shape, didn't feel good about myself.  My diet already sucked so why bother trying?  I bothered trying because I was unhappy with myself.  Period.  No one was going to do it for me but me. Period.


I was a marathon runner for Pete's sake - how could this happen?  Excuses.  Temptation.  Low discipline.  I get it.  I know it's hard.  Exercise is hard.  But what was harder was being uncomfortable in my own skin.  You might say I picked my hard and exercise and nutrition was it!  Now, everything is easy.  It's not even about being thin for me - it's about being HEALTHY.  No more back pain.  No more bloating.  No more depression.   I look at the pictures above and what was hard was being like that.

 Everyday now until December 31 I'm going to post a healthy recipe for you to enjoy.  One with clean, natural ingredients to help me stay on track and possibly get you on track!  I love doing this and this is my thank you to you for motivating me!  Let this be the jumpstart you need, or just plain enjoy the recipes!

I love these Millet, Feta and raisin fritters - I even enjoy them cold!



Have a great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment