Tuesday, November 4, 2014

DAY 2 is in the Books!


I finished day two and let me tell you the food I'm eating in Fantastic!  There's usually plenty of it and I feel light and energized.  I did have my Shakeology for a snack today because I seemed really hungry.  Chocolate covered Strawberry - seriously?  This is my kind of Detox!  I worked out in the morning and felt really good, however by the end of the day had a terrible migraine.  It could have been changing my eating habits and working out, but I was also doing a TON of computer work.  I've read that headaches could be a form of detoxing so we'll see!  I do miss my crunchy snacks, but have discovered that that was just mindless eating.  I haven't gone off of the program at all but was surprised to find that everytime I went into the kitchen I instantly thought about a handful of crackers or nuts.  I've been drinking all of my mineralized water - almost a gallon each day!  I even like it hot first thing in the morning like a pseudo coffee haha!  The only bad thing I can report is drinking the alkalinize - it's like doing a shot of pond scum.  It's not easy to do but then again, neither was Jack Daniels!  Close your eyes, hold your breath and shoot it back!  I also wear my bracelet to keep me accountable on this journey - it's funny how we all create our own little security blankets when doing something new.

 Did I mention the food?  Don't mean to be so obsessed but I am amazed!  Made a black bean and rice taco for dinner.  I used a real corn tortilla - not the fried in the box or the flour.  OMG is all I can say! For breakfast there was oatmeal, blueberries & organic yogurt sweetened with real maple syrup.  Lunch was another fabulous Greek salad and the tacos for dinner - see what I mean?  I've never made my own salad dressings before and don't think I'll ever go back to store bought.  I think this detox is just the kick in the pants that I need!!!  Below is the recipe for the creamy garlic dressing - Enjoy!


Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing

1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 TBSP fresh lemon juice
2 TBSP chopped fresh parsley
1 Tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
1 TBSP Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup  (I used Honey).
Blend everything until smooth.  Refrigerate any unused portions - let set to room temperature if solidifies for next use.



No comments:

Post a Comment