Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Ultimate Reset Days 11, 12, 13 &14
The Bomb.com!!!

Wow, the first two weeks were awesome.  The only complaint that I believe I have are the dishes I used to cook everything in and the clean up afterwards.  I'm kind of a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl so I think it would have been better had I prepped everything but that's just not me!  Another week has gone by and I am still so satisfied with the food!

I'm feeling really good too!  I finally had enough energy to get good workouts in, although I can tell they're still not 100%.  That is the only thing I really didn't follow on this plan to a T.  I need my workouts.  I did about 50% capacity and in the beginning of the detox that 50% felt like 110%.  I did take a few days off.

Still sleeping really good which is amazing to me!  I'm such a light sleeper and now when it's bedtime it's lights out for this girl!

Some of the foods I've eaten during this last week were Vegetable Miso soup, Mediterranean Roasted Beets, Quinoa- Lentil Pilaf, fruit, micro-green salads, Coconut Collard Greens & Edamame and Roasted Corn Succotash!  OH MY LORD...   OOH, and Kabocha Squash with a garlic-Tahini filling!


So many people were commenting on the Kabocha Squash so here is the recipe as promised!!!  I thought it was really good and the Tahini filling for some reason reminded me of peanut butter.  There was definitely a nutty taste to it and no doubt I have peanut butter on my mind.  That is the ONE THING that I really do miss...

Kabocha Squash with Garlic-Tahini Filling

1 Kabocha Squash, halved and seeded
4 TBSP sesame tahini
2 tsp miso paste
1 tsp clove garlic, chopped
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 400*  Place squash halves on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.  Combine tahini, miso, garlic and oil in a small bowl.  Mix well.  Cover squash evenly with the tahini mixture making sure to get some on the top edges.  Bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender.  Enjoy!

I also loved the Coconut Collard Greens!  

1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 medium onion, diced
1/2 bunch of collard greens, stems removed, cut into 1/2 inch strips
1/4 cup of coconut milk
1 dash Himalayan Sea Salt (optional)

Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.  Add onions & cook, stirring frequently 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and soft.  Add collard greens and coconut milk.  Cook, stirring frequently for 10 minutes or until greens are very tender.  Add Himalayan Sea Salt if desired.


Now on to week three - the final phase of this detox.  This phase, called restore, eliminates all grains and legumes and focuses on a simple, cleansing fruit and vegetable based diet.  I'm looking forward to it!  As an added bonus, I'm down 5 lbs - and I felt like all I was doing was eating!  I didn't do this cleanse to lose weight but rather to rid my body of toxins that I know have built up n my body over the years!  But down 5 lbs?!  Hey, I'll take it!



No comments:

Post a Comment